Friday, 9 March 2012

the stars begin to burn a little love song



floral shirt (underneath) - charity shop, leopard print top - primark, jumper - primark, jacket - charity shop, trousers - new look
 
I am really enjoying the clashing patterns trend at the moment, and from the looks of other blogs I've been reading, a lot of you are enjoying it too. Most of my outfits over the past few weeks have featured at least two patterns. Usually for example a shirt and my headscarf, or a jumper and my headscarf. So today I decided to do it a little bit differently, by layering two patterns directly over each other. And I liked it! I kept the rest of the outfit simple so as not to distract from the 'main feature' and keep it from looking too busy. I've been wearing a jacket under my coat this week because I keep getting cold in the office - but it's also a great way to take a casual outfit to smart-casual. The floral shirt and the jacket, which I got from charity shops, were actually both originally from Marks & Spencers. I love finds like this as although you're getting them cheap, you know they'll be good quality and hopefully last you a while.
 
What's your view on the clashing patterns trend?

10 comments:

  1. Amazing outfit I love your style :) I hope you will follow my blog :)

    leopardinleather.blogspot.com

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!!!! love your style

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing!
    It looks so cosy and chic

    http://tracksforlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. two shirts!! how bloody genius is that!, I'm all about the clash of the patterns. its so fun!! you've done it really well here- jade xxx

    www.alright-blondie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The two shirts look awesome together and I love their patterns compaired with the simplicty of the jumper, perfection! <3
    http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my intention so thanks :D

      Laila x

      Delete
  6. I like your taste of style! Beautiful!

    http://gorgeouslookolga.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely outfit! I love clashing prints, it's fun and really makes an outfit more exciting!

    ReplyDelete