Wednesday, 7 March 2012

promises held and broken forever



scarf - via my mum, shirt - new look, jacket - charity shop, trousers - next via ebay, belt - charity shop, shoes - charity shop

Hi everyone! Hope you’re well. I got these trousers through the post on Monday, after winning them on eBay for a mere £3.50 (inc postage). I usually wear patterns on top and plain on bottom, so I wanted to get a cheap pair of trousers to try out the patterned trousers trend. I was a bit scared they’d look like pyjamas due to the thin jersey material they’re made of, so I kept the top half fitted and structured with this blouse and then put a jacket on top. I also put a belt round the waist to make them look a bit smarter but it was annoying mistake as they don’t have belt loops so I had to completely take the belt off each time I needed a wee! Ah well I guess fashion is not always functional.  They were reeeally comfortable though, and I think I’ll be keeping an eye out for more patterned trousers/ leggings to add to my wardrobe!

I’m getting off the computer for a bit now cos I’ve had a headache all day which probably isn’t helped by working on a computer all day! Plus I’ve just downloaded Eat, Pray, Love to my kindle – anyone read it?

11 comments:

  1. So jel of your trousers, what a bargain!
    Claudia xxx
    www.claudiakitten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cobalt shirt!

    http://tracksforlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. the blazer and trousers look fab together x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The trousers are really cool-bargain!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these trousers!

    http://golddustk.blogspot.com/

    Katie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trousers are a bargain! I wish I had the patience to buy more things on E-Bay. They don't look like pj pants at all! And you team it with purple so bravely but it goes so well...and I love the pinestripe blazer!!! I want! It's a lovely tailored touch.

    Gemma x

    www.gemmasatire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this outfit! I'm trying to smarten up my wardrobe but because I'm quite small, and have short hair I didn't know where to start. This is an inspiration. I love your hair, you look lovely.

    Nicola xxx

    nicolabooklust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm actually growing out my hair at the moment which is why I'm wearing scarves a lot but I think it makes my hair look neater!

      Laila x

      Delete
  8. ***New follower from http://empirestatebeautyqueen.blogspot.com/ I would've never put this outfit together but I ♥ it. You are so creative :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. you have such an amazing style! love it! are you on bloglovin'? happy tp be your newest follower. xx
    Alice Barton ♥ The Mow Way

    ReplyDelete