dress - matalan, top - charity shop/ diy, jacket, velvet leggings - charity shop, brooch - no flippin clue, boots - doc martens
Aaah, it's good to be back to the freedom of my wardrobe rather than the limited choice of my suitcase! The weekend went rather quickly, though I was absolutely exhausted by Sunday night (seven days of waking up before 7am is not fun!) But I still managed to find the energy to drink a few bottles of wine and catch up on the last eight months with my friend Bansi who's made me want to go to Australia NOW.
I wore this outfit to go into town today. I ended up being boiling because the weather decided to turn from rainy to sunny when I was halfway there! The dress I've had for ages but it hasn't had that many outings. This is probably because I've managed to shrink it and now can't wear it without leggings underneath. I cut the top into a crop top and left the ends without hemming them, they've started fraying but I like how it looks. I had to add the brooch as a necessity - the top kept slipping down so you couldn't see the peter pan collar very well (black on black) so I just pinned the top in place. A random woman told me she liked what I'd done to the top and asked me if I'd seen the programme where they cut up clothes and sew them together in a different way. She couldn't remember the name of it though so if this sounds familiar to anyone, let me know. It sounds like something I'd like!
The lipstick in these photos is a new one and my first ever Mac lipstick purchase. I ordered it online because I'd read reviews that it was a good colour for an everyday neutral lipstick. When I got it I was a bit hesitant at how pink it was in the tube but I really like it on! It's also longer lasting than most of my other lipsticks. Next on the cards is a red one - any recommendations of which is better out of Ruby Woo and Russian Red?
What did you get up to over the Bank Holiday weekend?
Laila x
awwww this is so pretty! <3
ReplyDeleteGorgeous outfit, adoring the layers !
ReplyDeleteI think the lipstick looks lovely too (:
I love this, wow! added to my inspiration folder if you don't mind x
ReplyDeleteAngie
sundaybelle.com
I love your haircut and you shirt is fab!
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog and I think it is amazing.I am following you now,under name Lilie Marlen,but I don't use any photos so I will be last one on your follower list.I will be honored if you come visit my blog and follow it if you like it Have a nice day
FOLLOW ---> http://liliemarlen.blogspot.com/
LIKE---> https://www.facebook.com/lavieenrose.blog8
Love the top with this dress, so great!
ReplyDeleteX
Lovely blog :)
ReplyDeleteyou've got a cool style, i'm now a follower :)
ReplyDelete500daysoffashion.blogspot.com
x
your quirky !! cute ,.. love it !:) x
ReplyDeletehttp://betty-freestylescraps.blogspot.co.uk/
Great outfit :) I wonder if she was talking about Super Scrimpers that the lovely Gem Fatale was in? So nice when a stranger compliments you! I have the MAC 'MAC Red' as I thought it sounded more classic! It's quite a deep red, I'd love to try the Ruby Woo though, please review it if you buy!
ReplyDeletehttp://thequickredfox.co.uk
Xxx
Super Scrimpers was my first thought too but I wouldn't really describe it like that?! Ah who knows. Thanks for the MAC suggestion too :)
DeleteLaila x
I love your style and your blog, now following you xxx
ReplyDeleteahhh I love this. crazy cute! x
ReplyDeleteI love this layered look! So gorgeous :) I found your blog via Rosie and I must say you have amazing style! Following you now :)
ReplyDeleteSarah
http://fashionismyh2o.blogspot.co.uk/
xx
I love the way you've layered this look up! Laceeee ♥
ReplyDeleteI love the outfit and the lipstick! Mac is sooo good. I don't have it but the Russian lipstick according to my friends is the choice to go with! This outfit is so cute though. Reminds me very much of Tim Burton/Alice In Wonderland esque! Hope you take it as a compliment because it IS!!
ReplyDeleteGemma x
www.gemmasatire.blogspot.co.uk
Loving this vintagy look, the dress is so cute!
ReplyDelete