Sunday, 27 May 2012

outfit 27/05/2012





jacket, top, bag - charity shop, riding pants - american apparel, shoes - underground creepers, sunglasses - h&m, earrings - little teacup, ring - molly rhoda

Not that I'm complaining, but the bright sunlight makes it rather hard to pick up colours in outfits, so I'll start with saying that my top is a pale yellow and my socks are a pale blue. I wore this on one of my days off last week. I'd been looking for an oversized denim jacket for a while and found this one last week for a fiver! I love the fact that it's got a pattern on the pockets and across the back - yes that is a fake Burberry check! The top I also picked up on the same day from the 50p rail, and just cut it into a crop top. I'm planning on tie dying it (luckily, because I've already splashed dye on it when I was tie dying something else!) I saw Chelsea Jade wearing a pair of skeleton earrings in a post recently and went straight over to her shop to purchase the same pair, and ended up buying these yin yang earrings at the same time. Go visit the shop if you haven't already - there's lots of great on-trend jewellery for very reasonable prices! I love the cat ring because it looks like one of my old cats. And also just because it's a cat. There's none listed in the Etsy store at the moment, but if you message Molly, she can custom make them!

Hope you're all enjoying your weekend in the sun! Me and Tom had a bike ride and picnic in the park yesterday. This evening we're going to the best Indian restaurant ever to celebrate my little brother's 21st birthday!

Laila x

19 comments:

  1. Wow I love your denim jacket, yin and yang earrings and the cat bag!! Such a simple outfit but the accessories definitely jazz it up! And I know what you mean about picking clothes when its sunny. It's so hot all you want to wear is shorts and vest tops and in all honesty they don't exactly scream fashionista!

    Gemma x

    www.gemmasatire.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I shall be embracing the patterned maxi skirt I think but they don't exactly go well with bike riding...

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous outfit, the cat bag is seriously amazing !
    Loving the denim too <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't decide which of these accessories I love the most! cute outfit :) x

    http://2ndhandcinderella.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been on bike rides this weekend too, best thing ever in the sun! Love your bag and ring lots x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this outfit! I reckon I need to get myself to a charity shop some time soon haha :)

    http://safiya-marie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the earrings and ring <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are too cute for words! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the oversized denim jacket and I'm very much enjoying the cat theme! Also love the tee - why spend however much on a crop tee from Topshop when you can take a pair of scissors to any old t-shirt?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for cats. Haha my thoughts exactly, though soon I might not be left with any regular tops..!

      Delete
  9. i looove this outfit lots! your jacket's amazing and a bargain! love it :) aww yes this is perfect picnic weather! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cool outfit! Im now following you!

    http://riley-ellise@blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol... I think a lot of people are going through a cat obsession now a days! Lol
    I love this look! You are sooo funny! I will be following you from now on, but not like a stalker would ;)

    eusouperlinha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. those shoes are awesome!

    love your blog, definitely following for future posts!

    from, helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. those creepers <3
    that cat ring is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your outfit and your shoess !!! I love your blog so I was wondering if you should check out mines.

    thoughtsof93.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this, the cat ring is adorable! And thankyou so much for linking to my blog, I was going to put you on the Little Teacups "As Seen On" page on the website but if you would prefer it if I didn't just let me know! xx

    ReplyDelete