Sunday, 13 May 2012

outfit 13/05/12



black dress - new look, skirt - h&m, tights, jacket - primark, shoes - asos, headscarf - mother

Hi everyone! Hope you're having a good weekend.

This is what I wore on Friday night to go out in Sheffield. An outfit featuring only high street items?! I got the dress for my 20th birthday party, so almost four years ago now, and the skirt I've had almost as long. The dress on its own isn't really my style anymore (looks like this) so I put the skirt over the top. I like the way the lace pokes out of the bottom! I got the tights for a pound in Primark the other day (unfortunately I don't really stumble upon tights in charity shops...) and they're just the standard suspender bow tights you see everywhere. I liked the way they looked at first but gradually throughout the night they kept riding down so the bow was practically below my knees, so I don't think I'll be wearing them again! Ideally I would have wore this outfit with some black velvet flatforms...if only I owned a pair...

Sheffield was a good night out and we brought back a cat. Unfortunately we don't get to keep her :( I wish we were allowed cats here!

What have you been up to?

Laila 

twitter - kittnswhiskrs
instagram - lalalailaa



19 comments:

  1. So cute! And AWWWWWWWWWWWW the cat! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that jacket. its suits you very well <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow is that you in the picture with the black dress? I'm only assuming it is because it looks nothing like you lol.I've got those tights in black - haven't worn them yet but now not so sure if I want to lol! Where did you go to in Sheffield? Haven't been for a good year now I don't think!!
    Awww the poor cat, hope you found a home for it?

    Jenni

    bowsbanglesandbakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is haha - the difference 4 years makes! I went to Propaganda, they had a rock and indie night (they might be rock and indie all the time but I've only ever been on a Friday!) The cat has a good home in a farmhouse - we brought it back for my housemate's dad :)

      Laila x

      Delete
    2. I've never been to propaganda - only leadmill and corporation lol.
      Aww bet she/he is pretty happy on the farm then lol

      Delete
  4. You look so different in that other picture!! Love the skirt and I have almost the same jacket but mine's Miss Selfridge. No doubt I paid a lot more for mine! :( x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yours is probably leather/ better quality though! Mine is almost falling apart now, I guess I should start looking for a replacement! But until then I'll pretend its good as new ;)

      Laila x

      Delete
  5. wow I'm really digging this outfit! so cool and very creative layering. looks good on you :D

    x
    Angie
    sundaybelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the outfit! The jacket is amazing + the tights add a great touch!

    Sarah
    http://fashionismyh2o.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love your leather jacket, I am currently on a hunt for one just like it! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous skirt, you really can't beat monochrome florals.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the dress/skirt combo' <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your hair bow, it completes the outfit :)
    R xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Your skirt is gorgeous and ah so jealous of your hair. I've been wanting a fringe for ages but my hair won't let me because I have a windows peak! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, comments like this make me smile because me and my hair aren't friends at the moment (it just refuses to grow fast enough!!)Your hair is super pretty though!

      Laila x

      Delete
  12. You have such a lovely figure! I hate you! Such a nice outfit to go out in! Dressed but still with an edge with the jacket! And your little black shoes are just adorable!

    Gemma x

    www.gemmasatire.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete