shirt, jacket - charity shop, jumper - jumble sale, riding pants - american apparel, boots - doc martens
Look look! I finally found a camo jacket! Well, I say 'found' but it wasn't quite like that...On Friday me and a friend at work, who had both been looking for one, decided to have a competition over who could find one in a charity shop first. The next day, I get a TwitPic of her holding one up! Gutted. She works in a charity shop on Saturdays, walked in and there was one waiting to be put on the rails. However.....two days later she decided it didn't fit her right and it's now mine for the total sum of £1.60 (who knew charity shops give the same staff discount as most high street shops?!)
So this outfit was mainly based around 'what will go with my new jacket?' I worked out that the top half of my outfit cost about £2.80 (jumper - 20p, shirt - £1, jacket - £1.60) whereas in contrast the bottom half cost about £140 (the boots were a gift and the riding pants purchased before this whole thrifting thing got SERIOUS).
I got this awesome cat bag (left) in a charity shop last week. I was queuing up to buy something else when I saw it out of the corner of my eyes, squealed "CAAAATTS" and couldn't resist. Weirdly, when I got home that night, my housemate had brought home her sewing box that she'd left at her nan's, and it was the exact same material. Spooky!
I'm in London from tomorrow til Sunday for work, and then staying on til Monday at a friend's house. Tomorrow night I'll be hanging with Tom as my hotel is just round the corner from where he works - handy! And my friend I'm staying with on Sunday has been in Australia since September so I'm looking forward to seeing her!
Enjoy your bank holiday weekend!
Laila x
Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I checked you out and loved your blog, so here I am... following. Gosh I've just made it awkward for myself now haven't I? Love the jacket and I'm still on the hunt for the perfect one.
ReplyDeleteThat jumper is such a perfect colour. I love the cats too! xo
ReplyDeletecongrats. it fits you very well <3 have a nice weekend.
ReplyDeleteThat 20p jumper is glorious! love the outfit :D x x x
ReplyDeleteYou look amazing. Wish the charity shops round near where i live were that good! haha xx
ReplyDeletethat is wayyyyyyy spooky!!!! I love that outfit, as I've said, it's so inspiring that you try to buy a lot of the clothes in charity shops. I love your style
ReplyDeleteshadesofpepper.blogspot.co.uk
loveee that jacket! I've been looking for one in charity shops for ages! x
ReplyDeleteahhhh i did this with a flask/cup haaa love to cats!! so spooky that it is the same material though haha xxx
ReplyDeleteLove the outfit!! The jacket is such a bargain, I love charity shops!!!xx
ReplyDeletei adore this whole outfit! you rock the camo so well and WHATABARG! love it. woahh, the price of your bottom half levels out the top though doesn't it :P ah ive always wanted to visit australia! have a great weekend:)xx
ReplyDeleteI love your camo jacket! x
ReplyDeleteLove the outfit - the colour of the jumper is perfect! x
ReplyDeleteAwww gosh you are too cute! Love that jacket - really want to get one. Reminds me of the days of All Saints and Oasis! xxx
ReplyDeleteSouth Molton St Style
Perfect outfit, I love the shirt with that jumper :) x
ReplyDeleteLove the jacket (and the bag.. obvs!) It is the perfect size for you !! Jealous.
ReplyDeleteHELen
pierrelecat
wow such fantastic outfits! i loveeeeeeee your camo jacket! I need one in my life. And i can't believe you managed to find such fantastic bargains in charity shops, i need to hit them! you have a great blog, followed:)
ReplyDeleterebecca x
scatterrbrained.blogspot.co.uk
I've been hunting for a camo jacket! Very jealousss!!!
ReplyDeletexx
I LOVE this outfit! :) x
ReplyDeleteI have a bag just like that I'm trying to find the maker can I get your email I'd like to send you a picture
ReplyDelete