If you follow me on Instagram/ Twitter you may have seen me mention shoes a few times in the past week! When I first started out with this whole charity shopping thing, I never intended for it to include shoes, just clothes. However, as it happens, I haven't actually bought any new shoes since I started it. I think I've mentioned before that I have trouble finding lasting shoes because I walk on the sides of my feet so anything with thin soles is ruined after about two weeks. This led to me getting Doc Martens and Creepers as presents which solved my problem as they have thick soles and so I didn't look for new shoes for a while. However, in the past week I've found three lovely pairs of shoes in charity shops for around £3.50 each so I thought I'd do a post showing my charity shop shoes collection!
tan loafers - £3.50, brown loafers - £3.75
These are two pairs that I got this week. The pair on the left didn't look as though they had been worn (no wear to the sole) and aside from a small scuff on the front, looked good as new. They're leather and Clarks so I know they'll last a while. The pair on the right are also leather and K Shoes, which I believe is a Clarks brand. These were brand new and still had the £50 price tag on! They both have large soles so I know I'll make them last longer than two weeks for once!
tan brogues - £2.99, blue moccasin style - £3.75
The tan pair I've had a few months now, and the moccasin style shoes I got last week. They're a lovely colour and so comfortable! I walk a LOT so comfort is always key in my shoe choices for day to day wear.
snakeskin boots - £4.99, tan boots £can't remember
And onto the boots! I've shown you the snakeskin boots on the left in a previous blog post - they were a fairly recent find. The boots on the right were my first ever charity shop shoe buy. I think I must have had them coming up to 2 years now and I've almost worn them to death! They're a suede-y type material and the heel has been worn down quite a bit now but I still love them!
I know some people might be a bit iffy about buying used shoes, but there's plenty of ways to sterilise the insides of them, for example spraying diluted bleach inside or using surgical spirit. So it's always worth a look!
I'm working away in Bristol from Friday morning. I have an outfit to share so I might try one of those scheduled post majigs (wish me luck!). In the meantime if you have any restaurant recommendations/ fun places to go to in Bristol in the evening then let me know!
Laila x
OH MY GOD. Seriously WHERE DO YOU SHOP? YOU NEED TO TELL ME!! I spend a fortune on brogues and loafers in places like Topshop and desperately drooling over expensive ones in Russell and Bromley and you manage to get all these bad boys for less than a fiver? Love the tan brogues and loafers! And I didn't even know you had Twitter! I can't find your link so feel free to add me @GemmaSatire. And have a lovely time in Bristol!
ReplyDeleteGemma x
www.gemmasatire.blogspot.co.uk
you've been lucky with charity shopping! I'm a bit hit and miss with it :P
ReplyDelete500daysoffashion.blogspot.com
x
Oh wow those snakeskin boots! love them. And my favourite pairs are the ones I got at thrift stores, they are just a bit more unique. ^^
ReplyDeleteX
Those last two pairs are beauties !!! Love a charity shop shoe find.. I found a pair of Wrangler ankle cowboy boots once. Literally worn them to death !!
ReplyDeleteHELen
pierrelecat
The snake skin boots are amazing. none of them look like charity shop finds x
ReplyDeleteGreat shoe haul! :D
ReplyDeleteI walk on the sides of my feet too, it's a bugger isn't it! I always look at second hand shoes, although I've never bought any as I have broad feet and I've never seen any nice one's in my size xxx
ReplyDeleteI know! Need to learn to walk straight...!
DeleteLaila x
i got some lovely slip on loafers from the c shop the other day £2 bargaiN! i was so happs :) xx
ReplyDeleteEven better bargain than mine!
DeleteLaila x
omg, what great finds - you should do a 'best of the bunch' charity shops, I really never find much, yet you always find all these lush bargains!
ReplyDeletehttp://blogoftheprettythings.blogspot.com
xxx
Aaah maybe, I know which ones are good/ cheap near me but I feel like it would be different town to town? Eg one of the salvation armys near me has a pound rail and another doesn't, so it's a bit weird!
DeleteLaila x
I love the tan loafers and boots! Such a great collection!
ReplyDeleteXx
those last boots are so, so neat. xo.
ReplyDeleteThese shoes are amazing, whenever I find a pair in a charity shop they are too small :(
ReplyDeleteMimi x
oh u've some pretty shoes! love these loafers a lot :) x
ReplyDelete