Sunday, 29 April 2012

outfit 30/04/2012


top,skirt - charity shop/ diy, shoes - creepers, necklace - borrowed

I hope you're not bored of this skirt yet because I'm clearly not! This is what I wore on Friday night to a silent disco. The top was a recent purchase. It originally had a straight neckline that matched up with the top of the sleeves, but it didn't look quite right on me, so I altered it. It's really simple to do, you just have to gather the material in a sort of concertina fold and then stitch it in place. Have to make sure the stitches are very secure though, else they'll spring undone! The watch necklace I borrowed from my housemate. I've realised that I don't have any short necklaces so I'm on the hunt for one at the mo (any cute Etsy store recommendations?) Though my housemate didn't have one either so I doubled up the chain to make it shorter. I'm glad I decided not to wear heels because me and Tom walked into town to save money (which we then spent on beer anyway...!)

On Saturday night we had a failed attempt to see The Avengers (we tried three cinemas!), then ended up just renting a DVD and I fell asleep halfway through it. Oh well!

What did you get up to this weekend? Today is the start of my seven day week aaargh! Though Friday, Saturday and Sunday I will be working in London right next to Oxford Street so maybe a bit of window shopping will be done if there's any time.

The jumble sale was pretty good, I managed to get seven items of clothing for £1.60. The majority were to customise and put on my eBay, but I did get a few items that I'm keeping. I'm sure they will pop up in an outfit post shortly!

Laila x

PS any strapless bra recs? I ended up abandoning mine and going bra-less because it was starting to make it look like my boobs were round my waist!

16 comments:

  1. The top is so cute, well done! You're such a cutie Laila <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. loooove those shoes, i'm obsessed with anything leopard so i'm never going to stop commenting how much i love them haha. Aw a 7 day week that's HIDEOUS. Keep your chin up though, hopefully it'll pass by quick :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love leopard too! Haha it will go quickly, it's not a typical work week so it's alright!

      Laila x

      Delete
  3. awww you look really cute! also silent discos are so fun!


    x
    Angie
    sundaybelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a sweet outfit! I'm yet to go to a silent disco but I really would like to one day.
    I look forward to seeing what treasure you found at the jumble sale.
    R xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely go to one! I think a jumble sale find may appea rin my next post :)


      Laila x

      Delete
  5. Oh, you look pretty ♥ If you find a suitable strapless bra, please let me know! Bandeau bras always seem to slip down on me, so I'm forever hoisting them up, which is rather embarrassing in public! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The top is absolutely lovely, very similar to the cut-out shoulder styles which are around at the moment! I'm a big fan of the skirt too so keep on wearing it haha! This is probably an obvious suggestion but have you tried M&S or BHS for a bra? I have a strapless one from one of them (can't remember which) and it's served me pretty well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought when I found it, I'd just seen a post on LLYMLRS with a cut out shoulder top and I think that's what made me look twice at it. I've definitely had one from BHS, but not Marks, I'll have to investigate!

      Laila x

      Delete
  7. i love the tee! you look so adorable :)

    chlo @chlowitty blogs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Laila, i couldn't find your email addresses...

    Firstly I’d just like to say Thank You! For helping me out with my questioner for my customer profile board.

    If you remember I mentioned giving away a necklace for the best answers.
    Obviously this is yourself.

    If you’d like me to mail you out a little cross necklace please email me back your address.

    stephjw@hotmail.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great top! I love charity shops, I run one so I do charity shop hauls a lot :-) love your style! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this look great finds :) x

    http://2ndhandcinderella.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. How could you get SICK of this skirt? Oh I need to live by you and all your charity shops! Mine are a complete LET DOWN! And I love your necklace! I wanted one from Urban Outfitters the other day but refused to pay like £43535665 for one. Grrr.

    Gemma x

    www.gemmasatire.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete