Thursday, 19 April 2012

outfit 19/04/2012



cardigan - charity shop, stripey top - river island, shirt - vintage, skirt - charity shop (diy), boots - doc martens

It's been raining pretty much aaaalll week so I've had to find somewhere inside to take photos (and what better place than the bathroom?!) I think I am finally getting the hang of my camera cos these have come all alright I suppose - what do you reckon?

I had a bit of a clothes altering session last night. I had attempted it on Monday but my housemate had gone away and hid all the pins in the bottom of her wardrobe! This skirt was a maxi dress that I got on a 50p rail a few weeks ago. I didn't like the fit of the dress but I liked the pattern so got it anyway and last night I made half of it into this skirt, and the top bit into a crop top. I still have some material leftover so I might attempt a bandeau type thing with it - we'll see!

I really wanted to wear this outfit with some black and white ankle socks and brogues but didn't want to face the rain in anything less sturdy than my Docs! It's just started again now, ugh, rain rain go away!

Anyone been altering their clothes lately? I've got another pile of about six things I want to do something with!

Laila x

21 comments:

  1. Love this outfit, it's super cute. I agree Docs are perfect shoes for rain!
    Claudia xxx
    www.claudiakitten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you've styed this! Docs are definitely the best thing for bad weather xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. loooove the clashing patterns gurlie <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how to alter, but I really want to get in to it. I love your outfit, so many patterns without it being too busy or being ugly! Very pretty. ^^

    x
    Angie
    sundaybelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This outfit is gorgeous!
    I'm always buying stuff to alter and it's my poor Ma that always ends up doing it for me!


    http://tracksforlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the outfit, especially the red shirt! You've done so well to get a skirt and a top out of a 50p dress, bandeau top sounds great too! xxx

    thequickredfox.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your outfit! Especially I love the way you mix prints!

    http://gorgeouslookolga.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you're reinventing clothes so they suit you, it's really inspiring. I hear you about the rain, it's just annoying the way it showers and then stops, showers then stops. Ah well, what would Britain be without its weather? :)
    R xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeousssssss skirt!

    naturallycurlyxx.blogspot.co.uk
    antonia xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this outfit. i like your style, lady. i wish i could alter my own clothes, i'm really terrible at it and always end up begging my mum or sister when i go back home instead xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this outfit! They're such bargains x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great outfit.. I have boxes of stuff I need to alter but I've never got round to it. Too busy on ebay buying even more crap. I especially love your skirt though and would love to see the crop top. Here's hoping for some better weather !

    HELen

    pierrelecat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you about being on ebay buying more crap instead of working with what I've got, haha!

      Laila x

      Delete
  13. This outfit is ace! So quirky and original x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. 50p skirt?!!! How on earth do you manage to find all these wonderful bargains! I love it! It's such a cute spring outfit and even if it rains all you have to do is throw a jacket over the top!

    Gemma x

    www.gemmasatire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a cheapskate sniffing out cheapness is my game! Yay for the return of Gemma Satire!

      Laila x

      Delete
  15. argh the rain has been so shit hasn't it! i've been in my docs all week as well haha! i'm in love with that red shirt! you altered that skirt so well as well!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. im really loving the skirt here! you have cute style :)
    now following!

    natalie
    http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just found you blog, great style girl

    estrellasdefebrero.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete