Tuesday, 4 September 2012

floral polka dots

PhotobucketPhotobucket




dress, ankh necklace - car boot sale, scarf - grandma's cupboard!, jacket - primark, shoes - doc martens

I bought this dress a few years ago from Primark. I then promptly returned it because I realised the hem had frayed, and never bothered getting a replacement. Fast forward to last weekend, and I found an entirely un-frayed one at a car boot for 50p! Good things come to those who wait...?! It looks like a regular polka dot pattern from far away, but when you get close - SURPRISE - tiny flowers.

I enrolled at a college this week. I studied a Law LLB at uni, and pretty much since then I've been working at and studying through a law college. But this course is a bit of a step away from that - it's a short course in Fashion Production which I can carry on with by adding extra units if I enjoy it. It's going to be a bit strange after studying the same subject for five years (more if you count A-Level!) - but I'm excited!

Laila x

PS thank you so much for your comments on my last past! You're all so lovely and I appreciate every comment I get <3

17 comments:

  1. sooo cute!!! biker jackets forever!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeeeah i just bought a brown one last week :)

      Delete
  2. such a lovely outfit! i love it when you find things you've had on your mind for ages

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. i've just launched a brand new giveaway where you can win a MAC lipstick and a set of 5 models own polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great outfit! Good luck at your new college!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the outfit, you look amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that outfit, I love when pretty dresses are paired with docs :)
    xo

    myfriendirma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really love the colours in this outfit - especially the scarf. So pretty.

    www.lifeasadaydreamer.blogspot.com

    -Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your dress! You look so cute!

    Rachel
    floralprintsandcommonsense.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your new college course! Law to fashion is a complete turn around! That dress is pretty and what a lucky fluke you found it at the boot sale for 50p!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was so lucky that you found the dress again and for such a bargain! I love your lipstick :) It really suits you :)

    http://safiya-marie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look so pretty, I love your hair wavy like this! Good luck on your new course.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a find, I love getting something you previously wanted at a car boot sale! Good luck with your new course, fashion production sounds really interesting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this dress.so pretty!!I'm glad I stumbled across your blog, I'm so jealous of your course..I've always wanted to study something to do with fashion, good luck with it!!

    fashionbyfreddie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete