Tuesday, 31 July 2012

awake my soul



dress, belt - charity shop, socks - topshop, shoes - doc martens, hamsa hand necklace - delilah dust

Ok, I may look a bit wonky in my next few outfit posts because my tripod has gone and broke. It's slightly leaning at one angle - I've not just suddenly got a weight in my right arm or anything. I'm sending it back this week so I'll hopefully get a replacement sometime soon!

In the distant memory that was last week, I was actually able to venture outside without tights! No chance of that so far this week though...I got this dress a couple of weeks ago as a payday treat (like I needed that excuse). Burgundy is my favourite colour so I made a beeline for the sleeve sticking out of the rack as soon as I saw it, and it turned out to be my size. I love it when a plan comes together! I don't think I've shown my Doc Marten shoes on the blog yet but I've been wearing them loads since I've bought them.

After seeing posts on blogs such as LulutrixabelleFox and Feather and Waiste about car boot-ing bargains, I decided I was actually going to make it one this weekend (I usually decide to go and at the same time the  weather decides to rain). So I dragged my mum to one on Sunday and got a load of bargains. I spent £6.50 and got two cardigans, a jumper, a waistcoat, a jacket, a dress, a bag, a pair of boots and some jewellery. Not bad!

Have a good week!

Laila x


22 comments:

  1. Dress is so lushhhh been wanting one like it for a while :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's laura ashley, i keep finding loadssss of them in charity shops recently!

      Delete
  2. You only spent 6.50 and got all that! Are you going to do a haul post? I do love em :)

    http://safiya-marie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i don't usually do haul posts, but it is an idea if i don't get a tripod soon so thanks for the idea!

      Delete
  3. wow this outfit is wonderful!
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute outfit!

    http://riley-ellise.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the belt. It's a really nice finish! Love the charity shops :) love following you also see you around x
    check out my blog shades of pepper here

    ReplyDelete
  6. this dress is awesome. and those doc martens are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shoes + socks = perfect, you look gorgeous! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha you don't look wonky at all! Damn tripods, they can brake so easily! I adore the dress and I love how you've styled the belt with it!

    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know, fragile little things aren't they! thank you :)

      Delete
  9. What a gorgeous colour! I love burgundy and it suits your colouring so well!

    www.littlekjf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the socks and docs combo xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The dress is so lovely and the colour looks great on you! love the socks with the docs too xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. the car boot sale sounds like a success! there's absolutely nothing like that where i am :( gonna have to find one for sure. the dress is so cute, lovely with the socs n docs haha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the problem is that most of them get cancelled when it rains...and it's always raining! but i hope you find one soon!

      Delete
  13. Cute dress!

    www.constance-victoria.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. awh this dress looks so lovely with your hair colour! :) x

    ReplyDelete