dress (worn as top) - gift, skirt - charity shop/ diy, creepers - pj shoes, fascinator - ebay, earrings - no idea, belt - gift
It's Monday again - how did that happen?! This outfit is actually what I wore on Friday night but I didn't get a chance to post it as I had a busy weekend (when I wasn't sleeping), including walking all the way to town to order a new pair of spectacles and realising that I hadn't put any money in my account once I'd got there. Oops. My friend Kathryn gave me some clothes on Friday as her aunt had given them away. A few bags of clothes by your desk in the morning is a definite way of brightening up your day! The top I'm wearing in this outfit was a beautiful long sleeved River Island dress. Unfortunately it was also a size 6, and I am not. Once I'd got it on and done the zip up, I was like a statue and couldn't move my arms! Not to be defeated, I cut off the sleeves and as it was a bit too short for my liking, I put another short-but-slightly-longer skirt over the top. I think they look like they were made to be paired together!
The skull and rose fascinator I'm wearing I got for Tom's birthday night out, where the theme was 'hats'. He spent that night (and a few weeks before) telling me that this wasn't a hat but it was close enough for me. I'd only worn it that one night, back in March, so I thought it deserved another outing. Apparently I decided to wear it on the windiest day EVER so I had to walk along to the restaurant with one hand on my head. And it still managed to fly away.
Laila x
PS Yes, I managed to get the tripod in both these photos. Amateur.
PS Yes, I managed to get the tripod in both these photos. Amateur.
Ahh I love this ensemble! You look ever so Victorian (which believe me...is always a good thing!). The polka dots are so cute. And I love this skull head fascinator. Make sure you keep tight hold and it doesn't fly away in the wind...it would be a shame! :(
ReplyDeleteGemma x
www.gemmasatire.blogspot.co.uk
I believe you! Yes I think I'll save it til it's a bit less windy next time... xx
DeleteThe skirt and top/dress go so well together! I thought it was one piece :)
ReplyDeletehttp://safiya-marie.blogspot.co.uk/
Beautiful top, so cute! And I love your hair and glasses :)
ReplyDeleteThank you - I love your hair and glasses too!xx
Deletecute top :)
ReplyDeletex
Love this outfit, really girly and cute! xx
ReplyDeleteThat skirt is beautiful, what an amazing find! and don't worry, I didn't even notice the tripod ;) xx
ReplyDeleteIt took me a while to see it haha I thought I'd point it out before anyone else did ;) xx
DeleteYou'd think this was a dress! Cute. Very cute :)
ReplyDeleteLove this! :)
ReplyDeletewww.lifeasadaydreamer.blogspot.com
-Emily.
This outfit is so cute and quirky, I love it! Very clever way of dealing with the tiny River Island dress, clearly paid off too :-) xxx
ReplyDeleteahh the fascinator is so cute! love the polka dots :) x
ReplyDeleteStunning! I love how you matched two different sets of polka dots with each other, works really well! I also love your fascinator!
ReplyDeletedimplesdiaries
x
Thank you :)
DeleteLoving this outfit, the hair piece really is the coolest.
ReplyDeletenoice! v.noice! Holly x www.thehollyriversshow.com
ReplyDeleteIf you hadn't said I would have thought that this was a dress! The top half looks much better sleeveless - I always think there's too much going on with dresses with collars and long sleeves! x
ReplyDeleteIt worked out for the best because I don't really like wearing long sleeves when I don't have to! Thanks!xx
DeleteI love your fascinator hun and I didn't spot it
ReplyDeleteNRC ♥