I've switched Twitter accounts - please follow me here! And now onto the post...
shirt - charity shop/ diy, bird patches - ebay, jacket - primark, riding pants - american apparel, socks - primark, creepers - pj shoes, ring - dixi (present), earring - diy
This outfit includes two of my recent DIYs. I ordered the bird patches off eBay around a month ago when I was suddenly struck with inspiration one afternoon at work, but they'd been sitting in a drawer since they'd arrived because I couldn't face the effort of sewing them on. However, rather unusually in my experience, the iron actually fully stuck the patch onto my shirt so no sewing required! I also managed to melt a bit of my carpet in the process (don't tell the landlord). I'm really pleased with the outcome and may have to tattoo some of my other clothes too! The other DIY is my cross earring. I'd had a necklace for ages but never worn it, so the other day I made this, plus two similar earrings out of it.
I thought the bird claw ring was quite fitting with this outfit! I couldn't get a good photos of it but I've put the link above. There was also a bird showing when my jacket was covering up the shirt, don't you worry:
Now that one I did have to sew on!
I've made two more shoes purchases this week, oops, this pair of fake Creepers being one of them. I don't usually like buying fakes but I had £20 birthday money left and these were £19 so I couldn't really leave them behind, could I?! The other pair I bought were some navy Doc Marten shoes, which I got with an Amazon voucher that I got for my birthday. Spending money doesn't count if it's birthday money.
Have a good weekend!
Laila x
Oooh I love what you have done to that shirt and the jacket, the tattoos look great x
ReplyDeleteLovely! "don't tell the landlord" made me giggle. Them creepers look so REAL, crazy. Oh new docs <3
ReplyDeleteThat shirt is so cute!!
ReplyDeletexx
Ooh I'd forgotten about the idea of using patches on my denim jacket. Your shirt looks adorable! I definitely don't hold your fake creepers against you either, at that price they had to be bought :-) xxx
ReplyDeleteI <3 patches! And thank you :)
Deletex
ahh laila i want simply ALL your clothes! those bird tattoo patches are amazing, i'm currently raping ebay trying to find some i can do myself! and hahahaaa i love birthday money! guilt free spending! :P i'm definitely going to try this iron on thing though, i think they'd look nice on denim shorts as well! :) xx
ReplyDeleteif you can't find any on ebay there's plenty on etsy :) yes I reckon they'd look good on shorts!
Deletex
I love that eagle patch!
ReplyDeleteI love this, and that shirt is so cute! xx
ReplyDeleteThat shirt's so cute with the swallow patches! You can never have enough shoes! I agree birthday money doesn't count as real money so spend as you please ;) xx
ReplyDeleteThat shirt is adorable! So inspiring! x
ReplyDeletemissmilliemae.blogspot.co.uk
OKAY ALL OF THIS IS AMAZING!
ReplyDeleteI adore the shirt, was an amazing find. need it!
Love the jacket with it, and the creepers are fab (hi five to non Underground creepers) and the tights under it are lovely.
yes yes yes BEAUT X
haha enthusiastic, love it :) thanks lovey!
Deletex
Aw wow! The shirt looks so cute with those birdies on it! I absolutely adore this outfit!
ReplyDeleteJust followed you on twitter too im dimplesdiaries :)
dimplesdiaries
x
Ahh nobody can say anything to you for buying creepers Laila and for that price?! And wow this DIY stuff is lovely! I wanted a swallow shirt like this but as usual I am uncreative in every shape and form and can't make one for myself. I must ask my friends who are designer whizzes to do one for me!
ReplyDeleteGemma x
www.gemmasatire.blogspot.co.uk
That shirt is so cute! I might have to invest in some patches myself, such an awesome idea. I just followed you :)
ReplyDeleteHannah x
http://hannahlouisef.blogspot.co.uk
do it :) aah thanks, I love your blog!
Deletex
The shirt is amazing these diy birds are fab they really add something to it.
ReplyDeletelove your little task you set yourself!! really inspiring!! i just had to follow you!!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteI want that shirt. i love how you have DIY'd it :)
ReplyDeleteLaceyLoves
love your shirt and your glasses are amazing :)x
ReplyDeleteYou are adorable! Great style :)
ReplyDeletei thought those embroidered birds on the shoulders of the shirt are super cute! details are important xo
ReplyDeleteThe Young Bridget Jones
I love the blouse, it's so chic!
ReplyDeleteTori x
www.torijweller.com
Love the top! Following :)
ReplyDeleteLove the shirt, the swallows are so cute!
ReplyDeleteJS xx
http://januarysublime.com