Saturday, 23 June 2012

you're the train that crashed my heart





daisy print top - diy, jumper, bag, green ring - charity shop, jacket - primark, riding pants - american apparel, boots - doc martens, earrings - little teacup, claw ring - dixi

Hey all! I inadvertently took another week off there, didn't I? Whoops! Hope you've all had a good one.

I've seen so many daisy print shirts, t-shirts, blouses etc round the high street and on blogs, so I decided to have a go at making my own. Off I went to trusty ole eBay to order a few pots of fabric paints, grabbed one of the last washing up sponges from the pantry* to cut into a circle and this was the outcome. I made it about a month ago but didn't like the shape until a 'brainwave' struck the other day and I cut off the sleeves. What would I do without my (housemate's) fabric scissors?

The jumper and bag were both new purchases this week. I got these, plus another jumper, for £1.50 total. My wardrobe's overflowing situation is not being helped by the amount of 50p rails that I seem to come across - not that I'm complaining! For the eagle eyed amongst you, the reason I'm not wearing the green ring in the photos is because I bought it halfway through the day. I don't wear a lot of green but apparently I was subconsciously trying to rectify that this week!

Have a good weekend, I've got a four day one. The best kind.

Laila x


*Yes, pantry. We live in the 60s.


19 comments:

  1. I love the daisy top, you should think about making more and selling them!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to sell my t-shirts, I have all the materials but none of the time :( one day!

      Delete
  2. Really cute DIY! Love your bag too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are just adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I honestly had no idea the daisy tee was a DIY - it looks professional! I only realised once I read further into this post, lovely outfits! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the daisy print tee, looks fabulous :) Cute jumper too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this print, you are always so creative and the jumper in this post is gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I need some of those 50p rails near me you look amazing!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this outfit, especially the diy, must try it myself and the bag.

    Mimi xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know there has been a daisy invasion in all the shops recently! So jealous you can make your own and it looks so nice and wearable! I'd be like the 3 year old child mixing paints in school or something! And ahhh I love the simplicity of the last outfit, even when you do simple you still look ever so stylish! Jumper, bag and jacket are lovely. £1.50? Seriously wish I lived where you lived, by those lovely charity shops!

    Gemma x

    www.gemmasatire.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha I appreciate my town's charity shops so much more after attempting to charity shop in London yesterday!

      Laila x

      Delete
  10. Actually love this simple DIY!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. As if you made this yourself it's awesome! I'm obsessing over daisies at the moment, I've even chose a wedding cake covered in them!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the DIY top! I'm thinking of painting something onto the back of an army jacket I got last week but a bit scared I'll ruin it, never was much of a painter! Love the claw ring too :)

    http://www.thequickredfox.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds interesting! Mine was quite easy cos it was just a sponge - you could make a stencil though, I've done that before with fabric paint! Then just sponge it through the stencil.

      Delete