Monday, 23 April 2012

outfit 23/04/2012/ charity shop tip





denim jacket, sunnies - primark, cardigan, velvet leggings - charity shop, shirt - charity shop/ diy

Hello all, hope you've had a good weekend it's Monday yaaayy...

Firstly I have to say please ignore the fact my collar is twisted in all these photos (annoying me just looking at the photos!) and that I was wearing two socks, one seems to have gone walkabouts in these photos. I would like to be able to say that I didn't walk around like this all day but it's more than likely that I did...

This shirt is another that was in my big to-alter pile and a bit of a charity shop tip for you. It was a size 18 which was (of course) off the pound rail in my local charity shop, and the sleeves were really loose on me. Normally I don't mind that but I thought I'd try something a bit different, so I cut off the sleeves and hemmed it to make it sleeveless. I like that the arm holes dip really low because I really hate having material under my arms especially in the summer. The top is also long enough to wear as a tunic over leggings, which was a bonus as I don't have many things that are long-enough-but-not-too-long to wear with my newish velvet leggings. Then I just pulled a belt round the waist to give it a bit more shape. Voila - shapeless shirt into a cute dress/ tunic.

I had a good weekend, consisting of cinema on Friday night where I saw Lock Out. Don't see it is my review. I then went to a record fair on Saturday as it was National Record Store Day where I got a Kinks vinyl and a Bowie vinyl, then went on to visit my friend's new flat. On Sunday it was my mum's birthday. We went to the Cath Kidston outlet store and I replaced my grubby ugly Ikea Oyster/ ticket holder that I've had for about 5 years with a cute little floral one!


What did you get up to this weekend? Anyone do anything for Record Store Day?

Laila x

PS excuse the wordiness, I finally replaced my laptop and am enjoying being able to use the internet without having to hold the power cable in with one hand at all times!




24 comments:

  1. I bought a top just for it's collar (a black sequin one) the other day on your tip off :) This is another tip I'll probably put into use soon. AWESOME !

    Molly xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay, that sounds like an awesome collar make sure you post it so I can nose haha! Glad the tips are helping :D

      Laila x

      Delete
  2. ohh i love it. I think that top look goregous on you. I need a top with low sleeves so people can see my tattoo :). do you have tattoos? I love david bowie. he is awesome. my weekend was awesome, my boyfriend stayed the whole weekend. we went to the cinema to watch iron sky (don't watch it its really shitty), and we went to a pub to watch our favorite football team win the german championship. :). omg sorry for texting so much :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) No I don't have a tattoo, what's yours? Sounds like a good weekend, even though we both saw rubbish films! And don't worry haha your comments are always fun to read :D

      Laila x

      Delete
    2. I have a feather near my breast. :) I am a bit afraid to post a pic of it. because of nudeness :)

      Delete
  3. looks super cute! I love it xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello,

    i have just started to follow you via off_highstreet
    loving this blog!
    i can never find anything decent in charity shops but this gives me hope!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww this shirt is so pwettty <3 I didn't know you lived in London!!! WHAT! We must meet up asap gurlie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't live in London but I live a short train ride away (Bedford) and am always up for a bit of London shopping yeeee!!

      Laila x

      Delete
  6. Love this outfit! I have nominated you for an award - check it out.

    http://deardollyblog.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was working on Record Store Day :( First one I've missed in four years running! Wish I was better at hemming, I always cut the sleeves off things and it never looks quite right without a clean edge.

    China Lily

    ReplyDelete
  8. really cute dress :) and in sydney we don't have a record store day, and i dont think we even have any record shops! u are very lucky !

    natalie
    http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it best with the denim jacket! Really cute dress!
    Oh, and there is a Fashionology give-away on my blog, maybe you'd like to enter?

    Love,
    Anne from WOLF359

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love everything about your style!

    x

    Jade
    www.frolickingfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great to-do, thanks for sharing! Don't worry about the wordiness, it's interesting wordiness :)
    R xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love that cardigan - it's such a perfect colour and the detailing is so sweet! I love low cut sleeves too, I'm planning to get a tattoo on my ribcage at some point soon so I'll be chopping off all of the sleeves on my blouses like this haha!

    ♥ Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  13. BOWIE! Love it! And such a nice little look, love your denim jacket, I really need to get myself a new one since I lost my old charity shop one! And thats such a good suggestion to cut the sleeves off! Even me who's sewaphobic should surely be capable to undertake an attempt myself!

    Gemma x

    www.gemmasatire.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awsome tip, I love how the dress turned out the polka dot print is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey just come across your blog its great. Im a huge charity shopper too dedicating whole posts on my blog to them. Its great the things you can get from them. You have made this shirt look amazing. You have great unique style and i love your rocky edge.xx
    take a peek at theheadlessstylist.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think you should do more film reviews. Especially like this. Great outfit as always..

    HELen

    pierrelecat

    ReplyDelete
  17. love this dress and your hair x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ha this is the best film review I've ever read! Love the outfit, I wish I could find treasures like this in a charity shop

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. i had no idea it was record store day, but i like your hair

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cath Kidston outlet store? Is that the one in Bicester?
    I hope I get used to the new layout like you have. I prefer the old one so much more :( x

    ReplyDelete