jacket, top, dress (worn as skirt) - charity shop, boots - doc martens
Hi all, hope you're having a good week! Mine has gone very quickly because as well as having bank holiday Monday off, I took yesterday off as well!
The jacket, dress and top are all pretty new purchases. The jacket I got at the weekend when me and my friend went hunting for new charity shops. We found a few but this jacket I got from the good old Salvation Army. It was in their 'vintage' section so was originally priced at £8.99 but clearly no one else wanted it cos it had been put down to £3.50! I'm not usually a pink kind of girl but it does make a change from all of my dark coloured jackets. I got the top a few weeks ago, my mum looked at it and went "that's a bit........different..."! I do like it in this outfit but I'm not sure whether to keep it or stick it on eBay cos it's a bit bright and colourful for me!
Yesterday I went out and about with my mum as she's on Easter hols. As well as going for lunch and cups of tea, we also went charity shopping (of course). I managed to get a five items of clothing for £7.50! I found a new favourite charity shop recently that has a 50p (!!) rail, yesterday I got a pair of velvet leggings for 50p, and the dress in this outfit was also from the 50p rail! Not too shabby. Saying that, I might just lay off the clothes buying for a little bit now as I seem to have acquired a lot over the past few weeks! And my wardrobe is falling apart (though I think that's more to do with Argos' shoddy craftmanship than the amount of clothes I have...)
What have you been up to this week? Anyone else have a favourite charity shop or is that just me?!
Laila x
I haven't gone thrifting in ages and this post makes me want to! I always get a good laugh over racks labelled 'vintage' when the items are clearly secondhand. I LIKE secondhand but not their higher prices just because they are marketed as vintage clothes. :))
ReplyDeleteA from A + B in the Sea
I have a fave charityy shop!!! Very happy about it and its in my town yay :-) xxx
ReplyDeleteYey for Salvation Army!! Love that jacket.
ReplyDeletehttp://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/
xx
i miss charity shopping, cute outfit!
ReplyDeleteLove your blog :)
Your style is super cute and I adore the special hair bow you like to wear. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you! I have been too lazy recently to switch up the hair bows, black is safe!
DeleteLaila x
I love that jacket with the sheepskin collar! Would love to see what the dress looks like on its own too :)
ReplyDeleteI will def so an outfit post when I eventually wear it on its own, I keep covering it up!
DeleteLaila x
I gotta get myself those booties.
ReplyDeletexx,
Lainy
Haute Inhabit
Lovely outfit, I love the jacket the muted red colour is so sweet as was the price.
ReplyDeleteI wish my local charity shops had a 50p rail a few have a pound rail -not too shabby.
Yeah pound rails are awesome too!
DeleteLaila x
I love that top! So cute, and you have a really cute quirky look!
ReplyDeletethanks for popping onto my blog
im following you,
hoping you can do the same
s
:) x
Charity shops with 50p rails are the best, you never know if they're going to be trashy or filled with bargains :)
ReplyDeleteR xx
Haha yep, usually 90% trash but you never know! I found another one with a 50p rail at the weekend too!
DeleteLaila x
Waaah! Just found your blog.. I did the exact same thing last month - Buying nothing 'new' in March (except ebay/vintage/charity) It was so tough! Congrats on getting this far and I am LOVING the outfits!!
ReplyDeleteHELen
pierrelecat
Yeah I started it just for a month but I ended up carrying it on and now it's been about 7 months I think! Just checked out your blog, cute style, I am now following :)
DeleteLaila x
your dress is so cute! :) i'm so jealous of your bargain buys! charity shops near me are full of crap :( i'm gonna have to look a little harder! i took a nice trip to brick lane this week and 3 nice tees for like a tenner which i thought was a bargain! :D xxx
ReplyDeleteThanks! That is pretty damn good especially for Brick Lane! I want to take a trip there soon.
DeleteLaila x
i am loving your hair, the fringe is cute. lovely outfit, doc martens rock the whole look perfectly.
ReplyDeleteloving your blog header too... lots of lovings i know!
xo
theyoungbridgetjones.blogspot.com