Wednesday, 11 July 2012

you, earth or ash




sheer top, backpack - charity shop, floral bralet - topshop, skirt - charity shop/ diy, creepers - pj shoes, earrings - gift

I wore this outfit to hang out in London on Saturday (I know - a bit late, but I never seem to have the time to take photos and make a post so inevitably all my outfit posts are at least 2 days behind when i actually wore the outfit!) I've had this Topshop bralet for ages but never really worn it. When bralets became popular as outerwear, I struggled to find a way to wear it that wasn't too revealing, and this is my first attempt!

The earrings were a gift from my uncle many years ago - I think he got them for me when I first got my ears pierced at 13/ 14. Back then all I wanted to wear was gold and silver hoops, so I gave them to my mum. Luckily she kept them safe for me because 10 years later I love them! Don't they go perfectly with the bralet, too?

I've now found a reason not to buy fake creepers. Mine have already split on the bottom of both shoes! I'm going to have to dig out the receipt to take them back and maybe save up for an actual real pair. Sigh.

Laila x

Oooh, I've got a few bits including DIYs I've done up on eBay, check them out here!

24 comments:

  1. Aw those earrings are so cute x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely outfit! I love the bralet it looks lovely on you!

    Emma x
    http://beautyandrags.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like visiting inspiring blogs like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit I adore the backpack and those earrings!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. your style is very unique, i've seen few your posts and you're very good at mixing clothes. well done, i'm already following you.
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man that sucks about your creepers :/ But I love the way you've styled the bralet, Im always too worried about revealing more than id like to so have never purchased one. I might just have to after seeing this look :)

    http://safiya-marie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know it's rubbish, but i keep wearing them still! oooh yeah do it :)

      Delete
  7. I love that you wore your bralet over the top, looks great! Aw the earrings are really sweet; I'm actually wearing my first ever pair today! I got them as a present for being a bridesmaid when I was only six! My mum took me to get my ears pierced a few weeks later and my Dad didn't notice for a week! I still love mine too xxx

    www.thequickredfox.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwh and haha at your dad not noticing!

      Delete
  8. Typical! I love everything you are wearing, the sheer top and back pack are super cute :)
    Anna

    http://opshopaholic.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  9. In love with this outfit. You look so amazing Laila <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love your bag! nice blog :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that bralet! So pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your style!!! The bralet top looks amazing over that sheer flowy shirt!!! Your skirt is so cute too and I'm so happy looking at your outfit because it rocks life and I wish I was wearing it right now!!
    I love everything about your look! I'm following your blog, it's one of my new favorites!!

    LOVE YOUR BLOGGGG.
    xx Eva
    stylewandering.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. that skirt is so cute laila! plus i love the way you're wearing the bralet, it took me ages to work out how to make it a top as well! but i guess you can get away with these things nowadays :s :P it looks good anywho! the sheer top under it is such a good idea :) lucky about the earrings! so cute xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think as long as your wear it with something high waisted it's a ok!

      Delete
  14. I love the way you've worked the bralet!
    I'm too scared to so this is a great alternative :)
    You're so lucky your mum kept those earrings too - beauttts!

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adoring the little red backpack, red and black look so good together.

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh myyy that sheer top with the bralet! so pretty. gorgeous girl. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the way you've layered the bralet, I would never think of that! Also, the sleeves on that sheer top are wonderful. This is one of my favourite looks of yours to date!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! i love the sleeves too, they make me feel like a witch!

      Delete
  18. I love how you have styled the bralet, its perfect for wearng them in the day time! x

    ReplyDelete