Thursday, 5 July 2012

can we dance upon the tables again?



dip dye/ ombre shirt - diy, body chain - topshop, skirt - pinched from my housemate's wardrobe, boots - doc martens


Quick quick quick post, I'm going to Nandos in  a minute! I wore this outfit to work yesterday. The top is actually dip dyed lilacy-pink but it doesn't show up too well here. I had a bit of an issue which is that my Tescos delivery turned up late, I didn't have enough salt for the dye because of this but went ahead and did it anyway because I'm impatient. The lack of salt meant the dye didn't stick to the top properly. And it rained yesterday. Fill in the gaps.
I'm off to fill my belly with chicken!
Laila x


PS The title comes from the first song that will be released from Bat For Lashes new album. I saw them live a few weeks ago and they were amazing. Listen to/ watch 'Laura' below!




19 comments:

  1. I actually adore this outfit, it makes me think of a badass librarian chick who goes a bit crazy of an evening. Love it.

    rogue-and-creep.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute skirt, your glasses suit you so much!

    http://riley-ellise.blogsot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am trying to decide whether to get new glasses or get my new prescription in these, I think I am too attached to these ones to change though!

      Delete
  3. I'm loving the body chain, It looks so good against the lilac :)

    http://safiya-marie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome body chain x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cutest and I've done the lack of salt thing many a time... I ended up with orange skin. I KNOW I'M FROM ESSEX BUT JEEEEEZ x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!

    www.constance-victoria.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That skirt's adorable, definitely worth pinching ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, useful having a housemate the same size as me!

      Delete
  8. That skirt's adorable, definitely worth pinching ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. loveeee the body chain. seen a few of them recently but they look so cute with your outfit. haha your top's still nicely lilac, could always do it again :) mm nandos. it's midnight but i wouldn't mind a qtr chicken hehe :P hope you're well :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time I use purple dye I'll do it again! It's breakfast time and I still wouldn't mind a nandos mmm! Nandos all of the time

      Delete
  10. I'm loving the body chain, it looks fab with your outfit!
    Claudia xxx
    www.claudiakitten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the body chain, cute outfit!

    Emma x
    http://beautyandrags.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nando's?! OH HOW I ENVY YOU! Lilac suits you like a dream ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! A shame it's not really lilac anymore!

      Delete
  13. That shirt looks amazing on you! Also loving the harness :) x

    ReplyDelete