dress - river island, waistcoat, headband - charity shop/ diy, camo jacket - charity shop, boots - doc martens
A wise woman once said 'You can never have too many polka dots.' Or so I led myself to believe when I got dressed this morning. I picked out the dress, which I haven't worn for a while, and decided that one polka dot pattern wouldn't do - I needed more! Surprisingly for a polka dot lover, the only top I own in the pattern is the one I wore in this post, and there was no way I could make it work with this dress. Believe me, I tried. So, not one to give up on an outfit plan, I cut the shirt into a waistcoat shape and used the excess material for a headscarf. I need to hem the waistcoat and make the shape slightly more form fitting, but I didn't think it was too bad for a five minute job before work!
Laila x
I have to agree with you about the pokladots - they work together really well!
ReplyDeleteFollowing your blog now :)
www.couturenoir.co.uk
Love the dress so pretty. I need a camo jacket in my like I think. I actually need a good charity shop day- think it may be Friday :) Although I always say that when I read your blog x
ReplyDeleteYaay I'm having a charity shop day tomorrow! Try army surplus stores I don't think camo jackets are too badly priced in there, probably better than ebay/ vintage shops!
Deletex
Oh my god, in loveeeeee <3
ReplyDeletelove the whole outfit, spesh the double dots!
ReplyDeleteIm so glad to hear that im not the only chick that cuts up clothes just before Im about to leave the house!! I did it this morning with a Jimi Hendrix t-shirt!
love your blog!
esme x
http://esmehearts.blogspot.co.uk/
Thanks you! Haha no item of clothing left untouched!
Deletex
love the camo jacket! i had one ages ago, never wore it and then sold it. now i want it back!!
ReplyDeletefrom helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc
Oooh I hate it when that happens!
Deletex
Hoooray for another polka dot fan! You look smashing! Plenty of polka dots over at my blog too! Holly x
ReplyDeletewww.thehollyriversshow.com
I loveeee the dress! x
ReplyDeleteWow, I love this outfit! The girly polka dots look fab with the tough jacket and DM boots :-) xxx
ReplyDeletesuch cute looks! love the clash of prints and that camo jacket is simply the best.
ReplyDeletenatalie
http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com
What a great sense of style you've got! Def following! I love polkadots & you pull them off so amazingly well.
ReplyDeleteXo, Imke
love your jacket and the doc's!!
ReplyDeletexofemke.
www.myfashion-expression.blogspot.com
Ooh, I love it as a little cover-up!
ReplyDeleteRosie x
I love your quirky style. I've just come across your page, so I've been having a look through all your outfits, love this one. I completely agree that you can never have too many polkadots!
ReplyDeleteMel x
http://melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk