Wednesday, 5 December 2012

stripes and fur

 

turtleneck top, gold chain necklace, fur coat, bag - charity shop, riding pants - american apparel, creepers - ebay

I still haven't quite decided if this top is ugly-cool or just ugly. But it was 50p, so it has a place in my wardrobe regardless. The cut of it reminds me of the American Apparel turtlenecks, only not cropped (no one likes a chilly tummy).

This fur coat is literally the cosiest thing ever! I was outside in the freezing cold for an hour yesterday, and ended up having to take a layer off because my coat made me so warm! I found it in a charity shop last month for only £5.99. It was priced so cheaply because a fastening was missing, but I later found it in one of the pockets. Not that I have bothered sewing it back on or anything.

Anyone else had any bargainous finds recently?

Laila x

16 comments:

  1. That coat looks incredibly cosy! A friend of mine has his grandmother's old fur coat and it looks divine, I might have to borrow it. I love the colours of the tank top, definitely cool. Also, love the riding pants, I found a pair of what are essentially AA riding pants, in beige a few weeks ago, for a fraction of the price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have a shorter dark one that used to belong to my grandma, it's my favourite item of clothing just because she gave it to me! aaah good deal on the riding pants, charity shop find?

      Delete
    2. Comments need to have a more efficient way of reporting replies! I don't have grandmas around to give me hand-me-downs but I guess charity shops step to take their place. Yeah, found two pairs on awesome high waisted trousers that fit on a single trip (may have been part of the same donation, who knows).

      Delete
  2. I love the turtleneck, looks great on you. I'd look all matronly! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh gaddd laila you look amazing! that turtle neck is stunning my oh my i can't believe it was 50p. and such a top bargain coat as well!! looking amazing as per usual :) love this x love the touch with the chain too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahah I probably wouldn't have sewn it back either. And jesus christ that coat is AMAZING, it's gorgeous. I need to go hit up some of the charity shops you do if that's the gold you find. And I think the turtleneck is cool haha, especially paired with those riding pants

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes do it, so much fur around at the moment!

      Delete
  5. OOOOH love that coat, looks so warm and fuzzy.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello stunning coat. Looking a babe, as always ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. New follower, love your blog! =) can't get enough of your bob/glasses/red lip look it's so distinctive and cute.
    Really loving that coat, very glamorous for winter. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. super gorgeous outfit, i adore your style!

    lots of love from the c&p girls,
    the casper&pearl blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That bag is so nice. I'm impressed you found it in a charity shop - looks like it could have stepped right out of River Island.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my friend does actually have a very similar one from river island!

      Delete